CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Day to Celebrate

Today is Matt's birthday. He's 29 today, which means I'm a major cradle-robber. Yeah, cuz I'm 38. So today, we're going to celebrate the birth of this wonderful man:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Because he is wonderful, no doubt about it. He's the strongest man I know, and I don't mean just physically. He's supported me through things that would have brought lesser men to their knees.

I adore this man. He's sweet, caring, compassionate, intelligent, handsome, has a great sense of humor, and he's also a big goofball. And I like that. We can start laughing at something, something totally random, and I'll be laughing so hard that tears are running down my face. And I'm starting to think that's one of the best qualities you can ever find in a man...a sense of humor. Because if he has that, you can basically get through anything.

Did I mention it's also our three-year anniversary? Weird story there. We knew we wanted to get married in the summer of 2007 (we were both teaching at the time, and summer makes the most sense). We found a wonderful place for the wedding, an incredible place that has been converted to a wedding location. They have horses, ponds, a fountain, everything.

As soon as we saw the place, we knew we had to get married there. In fact, we put down a deposit as soon as we saw the reception hall. I'd post some pics of how beautiful it is, but I'm not sure where they are at this moment. I'll ask Matt and get back to you on that.

We wanted to do it in June, so it wouldn't be quite as hot. We had an outside ceremony, and the reception was inside. The only date left in June was June 30, his birthday. Well, I guess that's a good way of remembering when your anniversary is, right?

::side note:: When I was at the gynecologist yesterday, the receptionist had a beautiful arrangement of flowers on her desk. I commented on them, and she said they were for her anniversary, A DAY LATE. Her husband had forgotten. FAIL.

So, we're celebrating both today. We're going to eat at the place where we had our first semi-date. We were still friends at the time, but we were starting to realize we were "friends with possibilities". We're also going to see Eclipse today! I know, there are a lot of Twilight haters out there, but I maintain that you haven't read the books if you don't love the movies. And you should really keep an open mind about these things.

It's going to be a great day...can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment