CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

To bang or not to bang...that is the question

Okay, if you're thinking this post is about fireworks or sex, forget it. And if you immediately went to the second option, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about something much more important. This is about hair.

I have a hair appointment on Tuesday, and I can't wait. I absolutely LOVE my hairstylist. She is the best. You can walk in her salon feeling like the ugliest, most worn-out woman who's ever been born, and you'll walk out feeling as if you can conquer the world.

That's the key to being a good hairstylist, I've decided. Of course you have to be good at doing hair, that's a given. But if you can make a woman feel like a million bucks while she's sitting in your chair, you are golden. That customer will come back again and again and again, though she may have to go through hail and high water to find the money.

Obviously, you can now see why I'm so excited. But this is my dilemma; should I get bangs this time? I'm the type of girl who likes to shake it up, hair-wise. I have done some crazazy things to my hair, from bleaching it out to a shade not far from Gwen Stefani's (thanks to a high school friend), to having it dyed nearly black. (I thought Mom was gonna die on that one. I thought it was a good idea to have the hairstylist dye my hair to match my eyebrows, which are very close to black. It WAS NOT a good idea).

Now that I'm all grown up (ha), I do less obvious things. Sometimes no one even notices, except for Matt, not even Mom. I'll get some slight layering or a different color, nothing too bold.

But for me, bangs are a bold decision. I have a love/hate relationship with them. On the one hand, I love the way my face looks with bangs. I'll look at pictures like this one

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and decide that I must have them, immediately. But then I remember the drawbacks, like the fact that I'm constantly messing with them, making them look greasy. I know, very attractive.

On the other hand, I have a very wide forehead. Check it:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Plus, I have a distinct frown line that comes from years of teaching and giving "the eye", and I have an unfortunate vein that becomes very prominent when I'm really happy. I only know this from pics, but that blue, bulging line is there, believe me.

So, what to do? Help me out here. Even though I pretty much know I'm going with bangs, humor me. And I'll let you see the results next week.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I vote bangs. I think they frame a face better and I always feel more put together with bangs rather than without. But, I totally get what you are saying about playing with them and making them look greasy. The good news? Bangs can always been clipped back when you get tired of them.

Post a Comment