CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Perfect Sunday

Yesterday was just awesome. We didn't do anything special, but it was great to spend time together as a family, OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE. Yes, I've felt a little bit cooped up since December when Audrey was born. It's hard to take her out of the house by myself because of my fibromyalgia (FMS). It makes it nearly impossible for me to tote her around in her infant carrier, since the weight is too much of a strain on my back and neck. But she's getting so big now that we can put her in the Peg (I can't tell you how much I love this stroller), so I'll be able to take her out by myself more.

We all went out yesterday, though, to run some errands. Matt was insisting that I buy a bikini to wear on our beach vacation, but I've been kind of resisting it until recently. My old bikinis just do not fit anymore, mostly because of my huge boobs. Yeah, they're ridiculous.

Also, I haven't been interested in showing off that much of this postpartum bod yet. Still have the linea nigra, even if it's faded a good bit. But after losing just about the rest of my pregnancy weight, due to the sinus infection/concussion/migraine/vomiting debacle of May 2010, I've decided to do it. Why the heck not? I mean, I could be 20 pounds heavier next summer, and then I would've missed my window of bikini wear-dom (yes, I know that's not a word. I'm a former English teacher, people).

So I bought one at the mall, but I didn't have a chance to try it on because the store was closing. It was 6:00, and disgruntled employees were giving us "eat $hit and die" looks. Nobody really cared, obviously, since there were about 8 or 9 people in line at the time.

::side note:: I heard one of the employees say, very loudly, "I need a blunt object" as he was staring down all the late shoppers. It took me a minute to understand that he wanted to do us bodily harm. Wow.

Anyway, when I tried on the bikini at home, it looked pretty darn good. Except for the fact that, since I had to get a large size to accommodate my giant bazongas, it was way too big around. Boo. I'm hoping that MIL (mother-in-law) will be able to fix it today. If anyone had told me I'd be sporting a bikini 6 months after having a baby, I would've laughed in their face. Because I gained 44 lbs during pregnancy. That's right. So, although I wouldn't suggest my "diet", it did work.

So the day was fun, and I feel that Matt and I reconnected. It's hard when you have a baby to stay close; you really have to work at it. Even though we had Audrey with us, she behaved perfectly and we were able to just be silly and act stupid. Yay for a well-behaved baby, at least for one day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment