CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Remember these?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
http://campcommit.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/scrunchies.15944622.jpg

Scrunchies. They were all the rage in the 80s, and then suddenly, they became passe'. At least that's what the Sex and the City gals declared in one of their episodes. I think they were at a bar (imagine that), and Carrie saw a woman with a scrunchie in her hair. She turned to one of her entourage, can't remember which one, and said something like, "She's from out of town." How did she know this? Because of the hideous scrunchie in her hair, apparently.

I'm deeply offended. I still love scrunchies; in fact, I have one around my wrist right now. Go ahead, judge me. I don't care. Scrunchies are so versatile, and they're much better than simple elastic bands. I have a very sensitive head, and elastic bands pull my hair so tight they stretch my scalp, making me look like I had a mini face-lift.

But scrunchies...they're so loose. They allow you to fashion a casual ponytail that would never dream of giving you a headache. And when you're not using them, you can put them around your wrist. Yeah, I know the same thing can be said of elastic bands, but they cut off the circulation to your fingers. And I have a small wrist.

This pain is uncalled-for, and I will not take it. I declare that scrunchies are better than elastic bands. I will wear mine with pride, and I dare anyone to make fun of it.

Of course, no one will, since I would never think of wearing one outside the house. ::hangs head in shame:: And so, I'm admitting that I'm a follower, a person who accepts what the media tells me is cool.

Oh well, you have to choose your battles, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment