CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Possible Pregnancy continued...

I just realized that I never updated about the possibility that I might be pregnant. How could I leave you guys hanging like that? Unacceptable. Here's the original post.

Well, I did get a call back from my psych's office, and they instructed me regarding tapering off my antidepressants. I also stopped taking muscle relaxers and pain meds after a call to my rheumatologist.

I had a lot of symptoms of early pregnancy, but they can also be signs of PMS. Why couldn't Mother Nature be a little more clear on this topic? So, I called the OB's office and spoke to the nurse. She told me to wait and test the first day of my missed period. NO WAY. I'm on meds that could harm a fetus. After hearing that, she told me I could use a First Response pregnancy test, which claims to detect a pregnancy 6 days before your missed period. Of course, she told me that they aren't always accurate, since it depends on the amount of HGH in your body.

Matt bought a test, even though he was scoffing at me the entire time, saying there was no way this could be possible. Hey, unless you're abstinent, there IS a way, hubby. Since he was being such a pill about it, I refused to take the test until about three days after he bought it. Yes, I'm really stubborn that way.

I know you're all waiting with bated breath for the results, so here it is; I'm not pregnant. I took the test and then re-took it six days later, as the directions suggested. Amazingly, I was somewhat disappointed. And so was Matt, I think. It made me realize that, although I've always been set on only having one child, maybe I'm wrong (perish the thought!). I mean, why wouldn't I want another when my first one is so gorgeous and sweet?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aunt Flo still hasn't arrived at my house, and it's been 32 days since the first day of my last period. I really don't think I'm pregnant, but it's a little unnerving. I'm sure that all my health problems of late have made me, well...late. Not to mention the anxiety!

If we do have another baby, I'd like to wait a little while. I don't want to "rob" Audrey of her babyhood. The only problem is, I'm old as dirt and don't have that many more years to mess around (no pun intended).  I'm not worrying about it, though. As my friend's mom from high school used to say, "What will be will be."

0 comments:

Post a Comment