CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 27

If you had a friend that spoke to you the same way you speak to yourself, how long would you remain friends?

We probably wouldn't even get to know each other, to tell the truth. I'd tell the Other Heather to take a hike. I'm very, very hard on myself. Of course, I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be.

Before the fibro, I was ridiculous. Everything had to be absolutely perfect. And obviously, that attitude was not conducive to teaching. Nothing is EVER perfect, most especially in teaching. The most well-planned lesson can turn on you in the blink of an eye.

At home, I was OCD to the nth degree. If someone was coming over to the house, everything had to be cleaned. Nothing could be out of place, and if it was, I was extremely uncomfortable.

After fibro, I had to stop. I couldn't clean at all anymore, much less in the painstaking detail that I used to do. And in my worst times, David had to do everything from cleaning the entire house, to cooking, to doing my laundry...even choosing my outfits.

So comparatively, I'm a lot less hard on myself. But I'd still kick Other Heather to the curb:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment