CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 15

What's your addiction?

Normally, I'd say something food-related, but since I'm on a restricted diet (more details later), I don't want to think about food.

My addiction is comforters. If I had the money to waste, I'd have a different comforter for each season. Beautiful, deep colors for fall and winter, fresh, bright prints for spring and summer. Ah...just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

But seriously. I have been banned (by both David and myself, in an effort at self-control) from the comforter sections of any store. Which is hard, since Target has fabulous bedding and we're there every week. I have to walk right past them because they're near the baby. I had a weak moment on Saturday when I ventured over there, seeing if they still had the purple-flowered comforter I've been eying. (They did).

Right after Audrey was born, David gave me a beautiful, deep burgundy comforter with off-white trim and ornate stitching. It was dry clean only. Yeah, probably not the best idea when our newborn just came home five days before my birthday.

I absolutely loved it. It's on House; Cuddy has the same bedding. But of course you wouldn't know that, since you're not an addict like me. I've seen several of my comforters on TV and in movies over the years, which is my only claim to fame.

So where's this comforter now? In a bin somewhere, since it's way too thick for David, whose body temperature probably hovers around 100 degrees.

For now, I have a quilt on the bed that I really like. See for yourself:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've had it for 10, maybe 15 years. But we have no coordinating sheets, shams, or throw pillows.

::Sigh:: What I'd give to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and immerse myself in the bedding section. Those beautiful beds on display, with their perfectly coordinated accents...pure heaven.

I know. I have a problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment