CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 12, 2011

And the time has come

Audrey climbed out of her crib on Tuesday. The same day that David went back to work. Coincidence? I think not.

Tuesday was a rough day all-around. She cried off and on all day, constantly asking where her daddy was. That afternoon, she told me she was a "tired baby" and so I laid her down for a nap. She'd already had one earlier, so I wasn't sure about it, but the child told me she was tired!

I lay down on the couch to watch a DVR'd episode of White Collar. I was also listening to her babble and cry on the monitor. All of a sudden, it got quiet. That should have been my first clue. Then the babbling started again, and it seemed to be getting louder. I looked toward her room, and what did I see? Audrey opening the door.

I just looked at her in disbelief. My mind was spinning. Did I forget to put her in the crib? I mean, I know I have fibrofog, but did I really miss such an important step?

Nope. She climbed out with the aid, I believe, of her bumpers (not breathable). We never used them when she was an infant, but they came as part of a bedding set. We recently put them on the crib, however, because she kept getting her legs and knees stuck in the slats.

David took out the bumpers when he got home. Now, we have cushions from our big chair in the living room laid out around her crib, for fear that she climbs out again. I can't believe she did it without hurting herself the first time.

But we NEED those cushions, because the seating in our den is quite limited. Plus, I guess the time has come to transition her crib into a toddler bed, although my heart just sank as I wrote that. She hasn't climbed out since, but she can easily take her leg and put it over the top crib railing. What else are we to do?

Oh, Audrey. Seriously, you're growing up too fast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comments:

Brianna said...

Good luck with the transition when you decide to do it. I hope it is as easy for you as it was for us. Our babies sure aren't babies anymore :(

Post a Comment