CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 24

Most embarrassing moment

I was teaching middle school, and we had "intramural time" every week. I loved playing softball, so I happily joined my group and played with them. They got very excited when the teachers also played.

I hit one out of the park. Or rather, the perimeter of the parking lot. I started running as fast as I could. I wanted to get a home run in front of these kids, bad. Of course, I was wearing dress shoes, which don't exactly have the traction a girl needs when she's running on damp asphalt.

I headed to third base and realized I wasn't going to make it to home plate. And then, I took an incredible fall. And I swear, every person in that parking lot, where several games were taking place, looked at me. I was absolutely mortified.

I mainly fell on my elbow, and my first concern was my leather jacket. If I ripped a hole in my favorite jacket, I was going to be ticked.

I jumped right up, acting like I didn't hurt myself. Several teachers and students came to my aid, but I shrugged them off. It wasn't until I got to the safely of my classroom that I checked my jacket. It was intact, thank goodness.

Actually, the incident didn't turn out to be that bad for my rep. Did I just type that? The kids were totally impressed that I was trying so hard, so it turned out well for me. But inside, I was dying. Let's just say that the next time we played, I didn't put forth as much effort. Can you blame me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment