CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wrestling gone wrong

Not a good day yesterday. I felt awful, so I was pretty much ready to go back to bed shortly after I got up. We did have some fun snuggling, the three of us, in bed. Okay, I guess you could say we weren't really snuggling, since Audrey doesn't stay still for more than 30 seconds.

After Audrey went down for a nap, Matt decided to cut the grass and I decided to dive back into bed. I was awakened by a phone call at 2:45, with my mom saying they were on the way to the hospital. Elizabeth and her cousins were trying out some wrestling moves on a trampoline, and let's just say it didn't end well...she broke her arm.

The EMS came to get her, and we had some tense moments while they decided whether or not Elizabeth needed surgery. In the past, I would've been there with her, but I was waiting at home for updates. That's the most helpless feeling.

She didn't have to have surgery after all, thank goodness. But Mom sent me a pic of the X-ray, and I felt like I was going to vomit. Both the bones in her forearm are broken, and they were bent at an angle that would make anyone sick to their stomach.

There were some funny things that happened in the ER, and I wish I'd been there to witness it. Elizabeth had to be sedated for them to set her arm (this after 3 shots of morphine in the ambulance), and when she was waking up, she did some crazy things. Mom said she'd be lying there, and then all of a sudden, she'd sit up straight in the bed and yell, "I'm hungry" and then lay back down again. And yes, my brother did get some video of that.

I wanted to strangle her cousin for slamming her on the trampoline like that. Mom reassured me that "Kids will be kids", and then she said we'd be dealing with that sort of thing with Audrey one day. Thanks, Mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment