CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

16 month letter

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear Audrey,

This is an appropriate picture to use for today, since you have become quite the talker at 16 months! You can say at least 50 words, maybe more. Not just things like milk, Mommy, Daddy, but words like monkey and necklace. Sure, you can't enunciate like we can, but you're definitely saying these words. You repeat a lot of what you hear. Just a little while ago, I said, "Oh my gosh!" and you walked around saying gosh. It's amazing.

You're keeping up the vegetarian diet, and now you've got me on it, too. Since you won't eat meat, I'm looking up vegetarian recipes for you, and I'm eating them also. You even ate Cottage Cheese Patties, and so did I. Mealtime is getting scary around here:)

You're becoming less shy around others, although it takes you a long time to warm up to people. You attended your first birthday party recently, and you perked up as soon as you saw the little girl's dog. You were pretty comfortable after that.

Your cousins can't stay away from you. They used to be excited to see me and Daddy, but now they're only interested in you! I can't say that I blame them.

You're running all over the place now, and lots of times, you don't stop until you hit something or fall down. We've dealt with lots of boo-boos, that's for sure. It's only recently that I stopped making Daddy check your eyes for a concussion every time you hit your head.

I've never seen a sweeter child. Yesterday, when we were lying on a quilt outside, you rested your head on my stomach and just looked at me. And I thanked God for giving you to us. You "hug" me and Daddy all the time, wrapping your arms around our legs and squeezing. When we hold you, sometimes you'll pat our back or arms, just like we do when you need some love.

I'm looking forward to Easter and seeing how you do with the egg hunt, dyeing eggs, the Easter Bunny, etc. I think you'll have a wonderful time.

With all my love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment