CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thankful

I can never remember to do "Thankful on Thursdays" posts, which has a great ring to it, you have to admit. I'm really, really going to try to remember this Thursday, but I need to do it today as well. Why? Well, because my SIL has officially crossed the line. She has allowed my nieces to be in danger, which I'll explain later when my anger has subsided somewhat.

Suffice it to say, my 7 and 9-year-old nieces now know about sex and rape. No, they weren't hurt, thank God. But their innocence and sense of safety has been lost, gone forever. So on this Sunday morning, I need to remember the things that are good in my life and not focus on what's happened. So here goes. I'm thankful for:

1. Audrey, my beautiful baby who I pray will not lose her innocence for a long, loooooong time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Matt. When I've been "unplugged" due to FMS, he takes care of my every need. Without complaint, without resentment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. my parents, who've taken my brother into their home while he recovers. And my nieces, every other weekend (at least, usually more), even though they both work full-time.

4. good friends. I had lost touch with a couple of great people, and we're now planning to get our families together for lunch next weekend. It will be a blast!

5. my new book, which arrived in the mail yesterday:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
http://www.jacobteitelbaum.com/media_downloads/book_cover_from_fatigued_to_fantastic.jpg


It's about FMS, and I can't wait to read it. Yes, I know it has a cheesy title, but who cares if it helps?

Have a blessed Sunday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment