CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Big fat FAIL


This morning, I was supposed to go in for an ultrasound of my liver. Apparently, my liver enzymes are high. And my doctor wouldn't even venture a guess as to why, which grinds my gears.

I wasn't supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight. I totally remembered about the eating thing; in fact, I made sure I had a really filling dinner so I wouldn't be hungry.

So I got up this morning, while Matt and Audrey were lying in bed, and what did I do? I started brewing a cup of this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
http://www.photo-illustra.com/portfolio/cup%20of%20coffee.jpg


...mmmmm...minus the fancy newspaper, yummy-looking scones, and glasses, of course.

Yep, I started reading my devotional and enjoying my morning cup of joe. When I'd finished about 3/4 of it, I remembered. Oh my word. What a flippin' dingbat I am! I even wrote it on my calendar, "No food or drink past midnight".

I immediately called the hospital and asked if it would make a difference. The lady said the creamer in the coffee made the ultrasound a no-go. Not sure why, but now I'm curious. Note to self: google that later.

Oh well. It turned out for the best, since I don't feel like going today anyway. And I got an appointment for Monday, so it's not like I have to wait for long. Matt said we have to put a post-it on the coffeemaker Sunday night so I won't do it again.

Fail. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment