CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 2, 2010

I've just about had it

Okay, if you look a couple of posts down, you'll see where my gyno told me that I may need a hysterectomy this week. Seriously.

Well yesterday, I went to my general doc to get the results of my recent blood tests, since I have hypothyroidism. Good news: my thyroid is perfect. Bad news: my liver enzymes are still elevated, and have been since giving birth to Audrey.

I love my doc, Dr. L. He's gotten me through a lot of stuff, but I got really ticked off at him yesterday. He did a physical exam, pressing on the part of the body where my liver is (didn't know that at the time). It REALLY hurt, and I told him so. He grabbed my test results, mumbled something about being able to see better in his office, and left. HE WAS GONE FOR 30 MINUTES. He knows I have problems with anxiety...what the heck?

When he came back, he told me about the liver enzymes. My rheumatologist had already told me about this a few months after Audrey was born, but she said sometimes that happens after the birth of a baby. So I worried a little for about a day, then let it go.

But still elevated? So, of course, my mind goes to the darkest places...liver cancer, in need of a liver transplant, etc.

p.s. Matt offered to give me his liver, and I said, "Honey, you kind of need that to live." So sweet of him. ::pats his little head::

I asked Dr. L what exactly this means. He said, "I don't know." Aaargh. Don't get me wrong, I guess I'm glad that he didn't venture an uneducated opinion, but that only made my fears worse, like he didn't want to tell me. I said, "See, Dr. L, this is why I don't like taking all this medication." He just looked at me.

So, I need an ultrasound of my liver, time and date to be determined. I was really upset, especially after the gyno appt. from earlier this week. I actually ran off the side of the road on the way to my mom's house, where Matt and Audrey were waiting for me. Ridiculous.

I cannot take any more of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment