CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


May 7, 2010

Dear Audrey,

It is the Friday before Mother’s Day, which falls on May 9 this year. A day that I never thought I would share with a child of my own…yet here you are. And I couldn’t be happier about it.

I never thought I could love someone more than my own mom, and of course, Daddy—but I love you every bit as much, if not more. I would sacrifice anything for you, even give up my life if I had to (as dramatic as that sounds). I never understood that concept before, but you have taught me the meaning of true, selfless love.

I can’t believe that you’re five months old now. Most of the best days of my life have been between December 5, 2009, the day you were born, and today, all because of you.

You’ve learned to do so much in such a short time; it’s truly amazing. Just a few weeks ago, you laughed out loud. We were playing Pat-a-Cake, and you giggled at the end. What a truly wonderful, unexpected sound! Since then, Daddy and I have been doing whatever we can to try and make you laugh, but you’ve only done it a few times since then. But when you laugh and smile, we can see your beautiful dimples.

You also learned to roll over onto your tummy, and then back again. You used to HATE tummy time, but now you’re enjoying pushing yourself up and seeing what’s around you. We’re so proud of you.

Thank you for choosing me to be your mother. I pray that I will be the best one you could ever have.

Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment