CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Emily, Emily had a great fall, Emily, Emily could not get up at all

Yep, I went to the ER last night. Didn't think I'd be back in a hospital so soon. In fact, I've NEVER been to the ER, only with other people (think college, y'all).

On Thusrday, I was sitting on our glider's ottoman, facing Matt, who was sitting there with Audrey. She said her first word, with purpose and meaning (have to devote an entire post to that later). I got excited, leaned forward on the moving ottoman, and accidentally rocked over our dog's tail. I wasn't even aware he had managed to cram his body in between the glider and ottoman, so I was surprised and taken aback. On instinct, I leaned backward.

I felt myself fall, hitting first on my right hip. Then I just let my body go, like a drunk in a car crash. That's why the drunk usually survives, right? Because he/she doesn't stiffen up. I can't believe that played through my mind during that short a time.

To make a very long story short, I ended up going to the ER, had a CT scan, and was assured there no bleeding. Thank God. It's likely that I have a concussion, which really sucks. I'll have to explain the details later when I'm more "with it".

What a freaking week this has been.

1 comments:

Lila said...

Bwahahahahaha! Banana peel funny. :-)

Post a Comment