CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I may have to hurt somebody

I am so. freaking. tired. I look like hell. Seriously, I just looked in the mirror and the dark, puffy bags under my eyes are scary.

But who cares about that when I feel so bad? I feel like I'm never going to get rid of this sickness, this...I don't know what to call it. Let's see. It started as a cold (thanks again, Audrey) and then turned into a viral infection, according to my allergist. They did a nasal swab, which is very accurate and, it turns out, all kinds of fun. Right. Feels like they're trying to get some brain tissue when they stick that torture swab up my delicate nostrils.

So, fast forward to Friday night in the ER where, in addition to the concussion, the nurse tells me I have a sinus infection. Okay. They give me an antibiotic, but it happens to have something in it that I can't take. I figured it didn't matter anyway, since the doc just told me the day before that it was viral. And as anyone with a basic understanding of medications knows, antibiotics are not effective for viral infections. Seeing that I was allergic to the antibiotic AND thought it was viral, I decided not to take it, since I know a lot more about those things than the medical professionals (if you caught the sarcasm, you're more awake than I am.)

Then yesterday, the nurse at the allergist's office tells me it sounds like I have a bacterial infection. But wasn't I diagnosed with a virus? Yes, she assures me that I was. It had mutated from viral to bacterial in about 2.5 seconds. I know it can happen; I mean, I watch House. I know the basics. But good grief! I've been suffering since who knows when with this, when I could've started an antibiotic this weekend? Grrrrrrrrrr.

Enough of the complaining. I need to focus on the positives, like:

1) I finally got an antibiotic last night and can feel it working with one dose:),
2) I've gotten about 2 hours of sleep since around 9 last night, and
3) we'll be going to the beach very soon.

Okay, I guess I better cross out #2.

But I cannot wait for the beach. It will be interesting to see how we get all of Audrey's gear and clothing packed in our vehicle, not to mention the 3 bodies (4 on the way back). Guess I'll just take two outfits for myself and wash them every day, don't you think? I can roll up one bikini and stow it in my purse. Matt can take one outfit and use the shorts for swimming. This is Audrey's first vacation, and it doesn't matter how Mommy or Daddy looks. But she will look adorable and have a great time. Even if it kills us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment