Last night, we went out to dinner with my father-in-law and David's brother to celebrate Father's Day. Audrey was behaving really well. Until the fire alarm went off.
Audrey has always been started by loud noises, even when we get crushed ice from the fridge. I was looking at her when the alarm went off, and she nearly jumped out of her skin. She was trying to jump in my lap, which wasn't happening because she was strapped in the high chair. It was all I could do not to scream at David to unbuckle the strap, since I was so upset. I couldn't reach it, since she was lunging for me.
I took her outside immediately, because I knew she was going to have a breakdown if we stayed in there. It was deafening, and lights were flashing, and no one knew what was going on. This went on for 5-6 minutes, which is a lot of time. People started streaming out of the restaurant.
I'm just glad we'd finished eating...and, of course, that there was no fire. Some brilliant person upstairs was smoking in the bathroom. Seriously.
Anyway, they finally figured out how to silence the alarm. The restaurant has recently come under new management, and apparently they didn't know how to do it. The fire trucks and police showed up. At least Audrey got a chance to see a couple of fire trucks up close.
It just amazed me how everyone was so clueless when it went off. The staff just froze up, and they were looking at each other in shock. No one stepped up and took control. So annoying, not to mention dangerous.
So I went home with a headache and a sour mood. I don't think I'll be going there again.
This pic is from February, but it shows what everyone in the restaurant was doing...minus the smile, of course.