CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trying my patience

Oh, the terrible twos. I didn't realize they could start as soon as 18 months until I started doing some research. Now we're at 21 months and we're going strong. Of course, Audrey saves her worst behavior for me. Yay.

She had her first time out on Tuesday. I've been reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block, so I followed those guidelines. Reason for time-out? Absolutely refusing to let me change her poopy diaper. So I took her, diaper-less, to her room for a two-minute time out. I wasn't even able to clean everything up before I put her in there, but I didn't care. Surprising, given my germaphobic tendencies.

I'm totally over this struggle with diaper changing. A couple of weeks ago, I strained a muscle in my back, and I'm convinced this is the reason. She completely turns over on the changing table and starts to stand up, and the child is strong! She laughs and thinks it's a game, but, needless to say, I'm not amused. Not when poop is involved.

Her second time out was yesterday. The reason? Same as before. Once again, she was in her room diaper-less. Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh. The good thing is that, after the punishment, she calms down and lets me change her.

On a bright note, I was able to bathe her again yesterday. I'm trying not to focus on the fact that I was down for the count for the rest of the day, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And last night before bed, she came to me for a hug and a kiss, not the other way around. What a sweetie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment