CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Girls' Night

This past weekend was utter madness. It was like one of those times when you got really drunk and woke up the next morning, asking things like, "How did that popcorn get on the garage floor?"

Matt was out of town on Friday and Saturday, so I decided that we'd have a girls' night...just Mom, my nieces, and (possibly) my SIL. And of course, Audrey. I was looking forward to it. I imagined us painting each other's toenails, watching a movie, and snuggling in bed.

And parts of it were fun. Or at least I think they were. Here's a picture of everyone on the swing:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's Elizabeth on the left, Mom, Audrey, and Nichole. Actually, you know what I had to say to get those smiles? I think it was something like, "Pretend like you're happy."

But seriously, there were some good times. Here's Elizabeth reading to Audrey:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And yes, Audrey does have her hand stuck down her pants, like a guy relaxing on the couch after a big meal. At least that's what I've seen in movies.

But it was fun, under the circumstances. A neighbor of Mom's (for 42 years) passed away last Wednesday, and her funeral was on Saturday. And Noah and crazy SIL, who have been trying to reconcile, broke up on Friday. More on that later, maybe.

All I can say is, I'm still exhausted. I feel like I could sleep for three days. And I hope our next girls' night goes much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment