Friday, January 6, 2012

Watch out below!

As I mentioned before, I gave David a mini helicopter for Christmas. Actually, I gave him two (not the plan, by the way). I ordered the first one on October 14, and every time I called the company to check on the order, they said it would be shipped out in 1-2 weeks. Every. time.

Finally, I asked if it was going to be delivered by Christmas. They said it would, but they didn't sound very confident. So I told them I wanted to cancel my order. The woman said okay, and she didn't even try to talk me out of it. I asked her for a confirmation email of my cancelled order, and she said they usually don't do that. Sketchy. The charge stayed on my bank statement, and I couldn't get in touch with them to save my life.

Sometimes when I called, I'd get this message from a girl saying they weren't available. Did I mention that the girl sounded like a high school kid, and she also seemed to be giggling at the beginning of the message? And sometimes when I called, I'd get a message saying the number had been disconnected. Ridiculous.

I decided to buy another helicopter for David, this time a Coast Guard one, since David wanted to be in the Coast Guard at one point in his life. It came quickly. I had it sent to Mom's, since I didn't want David to know.

Well, my brother opened it and flew it around for a while. Guess why? Because he had ordered one for himself, and he thought it was his. So my surprise for David was in less than pristine condition. Annoying.

Anyway, David was really excited on Christmas Day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He doesn't really look that excited, but then again, he was sleep-deprived that day.

Now, these things are amazingly hard to control. His doesn't have a remote; he can use his iPod Touch to control it. He had a little trouble with it at first, but when I flew it for the first (and only) time, it was a fail. I kept hitting the ceiling, which David did as well, but mine was worse. Little bits of the ceiling were raining down all over the place. It was so bad that David had to do a major clean-up when it was all said and done. It was really fun, though. I'd like to fly it again, but I don't think David wants me to:)

The other helicopter, from GADGET TV (you suck, by the way), arrived at Mom's, even though I'd cancelled the order. David decided to keep it, too, since I owed him a birthday present or two. Complicated story for another time. Good times at our house, as Audrey and I duck for cover as David practices. Boys and their toys...


Post a Comment