CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two-year letter (a bit late)

Dear Audrey,

I know I'm late on this one, but I know you'll forgive me. I don't think I was ready to accept that I have a two-year-old. Plus, one or the other of us has been sick since the first of November. It's been a trying time.

You have changed into a different person in the last year, although many things have stayed the same. You're still a wonderful, sweet, caring little girl. You just aren't as little now. Sometimes I wish I could reverse time and experience your babyhood again, but I know I'd miss the person you are now.

Your personality is so wonderful. You're easy-going, just like your daddy. You're cheerful and playful. You're funny. You're loving. You're everything I could ever hope for in a daughter.

And you're tall! I didn't realize that for a while, since you're not often around kids your own age. But I've been noticing it lately, and my thoughts were confirmed when we took you in for your 2-year checkup. You are in the 93rd percentile for height. Say what? To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I mean, I'm 5'2" on a good day!

Once thing that hasn't changed too much is your eating habits. You started refusing meat about a year ago, and you're continuing that trend. In fact, you're very picky about food now, much to our frustration. I guess it's just a toddler thing.

You know so many words now, and you've been using complete sentences for a while. Your intelligence and skills of observation constantly amaze me. Your favorite activity is still reading books, which is great. I guess you take after me that way:)

You love your daddy to pieces, and he's often the only one who can soothe you when you're upset. In fact, I can hear you in your bedroom right now chattering happily about Daddy. He loves you so much.

And so do I, little angel. You're my miracle.

Love,
Mommy


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment