CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

David back to work :(

Yeah, he had to go back on Monday. He was so bummed out about it, and I was, too (and still am). We had a great time during the holidays, except the last part when I got sick, and it's always so hard for him to go back after a break.

I went back to my homeopathic doctor last Thursday, and things aren't going as well as she expected. I had to take a Z pack a few weeks ago for a sinus infection, and that just allows the fungus that causes my pain to run rampant. The good news is that I'm getting rid of the plaque that's been building up in my arteries. The bad news is...I feel terrible. And, I have a viral and bacterial infection, which means the antibiotic wasn't entirely effective. Sigh.

Starting about Wednesday of last week, I felt like my fibro was back with a vengeance. Pain all over my body with even the slightest touch, no stamina, falling asleep at the drop of a hat. David's uncle had flown in from Connecticut for a few days after Christmas, and I only got to see him for about two minutes, literally. I was in bed when he came over to visit for a few hours, and I was also in bed when David's family had a post-Christmas lunch.

I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself, but it's really hard. Monday wasn't too awful, mainly because my mom came over in the afternoon. She had the day off, and she was supposed to be over here all day, but she's not been feeling well, either. Also, Audrey's got some kind of bug. Her temp's been averaging around 100, and she has a cough that doesn't sound good. At all. We've been using the humidifier in her room at night and during naps, though, and I think it's helped her symptoms. She probably got something during her 2-year checkup on Friday, ironically enough. Or who knows where she got it.

Yesterday was not fun. I was so sleepy and worn out, and I had to force myself to stay awake and take care of Audrey. She was irritable, and so was I, which isn't a great combination.

But, as much as David doesn't want to be back at school, he thinks he's going to have some good kids this semester. He's teaching his class using the Internet, where students can submit work, among other things. The students seem to like this, since they're so used to technology. I hope it's a great semester for him.

Now, I just have to get myself back in a schedule. And I have to pray fervently that I feel better. Audrey's gotten used to going places and being on the move during Christmas break, so she's got to adjust to mainly staying at home all day again. And so do I. Yuck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Post a Comment