CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

She's two!

I was really bummed when Audrey was diagnosed with an ear infection a few days before her birthday. But I was determined to make the most of it, and we kept the Kleenex box within easy reach:)

I think she had a great time. I'm glad we got this pic of the three of us before the party started, since it was utter chaos afterward.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We had a Minnie Mouse theme, since Audrey's fairly obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

We had about 16 people there, which was a good number. The party was at David's parents' house, since we can't accommodate many people at ours. Even though Audrey was drugged up with Benadryl, Tylenol, and Amoxicillin, she was a trooper. She did have somewhat of a glazed look on her face during the party, but things started coming alive at the end of opening gifts. She had to warm up to that, since I don't think she likes being the center of attention. Much like her mommy:)

Gracie bought her a bear hat (or as Audrey calls it, "bear bear") and some mittens, all with her own money. She's such a generous child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this year, David made cupcakes. Last year's ladybug cake was ridiculously expensive, so we decided to shake things up. Audrey had a special one with a Minnie Mouse candle. She doesn't get sweets very often, but she's a big fan of cupcakes (again, like her mommy).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

David took off work for her actual birthday, and when he asked her what she'd like to do, she said, "Cupcake". Smart girl.

She got so much stuff, including the Little People zoo, which has to be assembled. The box didn't say "Some assembly required"; it said "ADULT assembly required". And I did it, since David was swamped with work that day. Now, before fibro, I actually put a desk together. But the zoo took me an hour. It's hard to read instructions while a toddler is trying to "help", so I finally turned on Mickey Mouse for her.

All in all, I think she had a good birthday. She's still sick, and guess what? So am I. Again. I feel like wiping this whole place down with Lysol.

And I have a two-year-old. How did that happen?

1 comments:

Brianna said...

You have such a photogenic family! Glad the party went well. What a sweet and kind gesture from your niece! Hope you guys are feeling better.

Post a Comment