CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

My birthday was this week, and it was actually pretty great. I was feeling a little better after being on an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Oh, I don't think I've mentioned that, have I? Yeah, I was absolutely miserable. And I still don't feel well.

Back to my birthday, though. Audrey was perfectly behaved, couldn't have been better. I even led her in a chorus of "Happy birthday to Mommy" a few times. I got a few cards and lots of Facebook birthday wishes. Then around 3:45, some boxes were delivered to the house. We get boxes all the time, so I didn't think anything of it when I saw three.

But I was surprised when I saw that one of the boxes had 1-800-FLOWERS on it. David and I have talked about how impractical flowers are, especially on our budget. I forgot all about that, though, as I opened the tulips, my favorite flower. 30 of them!

David's parents came by that afternoon, and they gave me a Nook Color. Wow! It was on my Christmas list, but I really didn't expect that for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but I can't wait.

Fast forward to a few days later, and my tulips have suffered an untimely death. David chewed someone out at 1-800-FLOWERS, and a fresh batch was delivered today. We'll see how those do.

My family is coming over this afternoon to celebrate my birthday, and I'm not looking forward to it, because my ex-SIL will be here, and I feel like our house just isn't big enough for the two of us. Because she just makes me sick.

The important thing, though, is that I had a good birthday. I forgot to mention that David took me out to eat and gave me a beautiful necklace, too. Not to mention that I have him home now for the next two weeks. And that's all that matters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comments:

Brianna said...

Happy belated b-day!! You will have to let me know how you like your Nook. I've been debating getting an e-reader for a while now. I hope your party is better than you expect it to be. And finally, I had no idea you were on fb. Off to find you!

Post a Comment